Achieving total comfort.
This hotel accommodated building codes while increasing the natural lighting throughout the building using energy-efficient Deceuninck windows.
- Who: Deceuninck North America, PVC Industries Inc. and The Wood ‘N Glass Shop
- What: Window-replacement project for Comfort Inn & Suites in Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- Why: To achieve greater energy efficiency, updated exterior and to meet local and city codes.
- When: April 2014 to August 2014
- Product: 96 Revolution™ Tilt & Turn and 14 ICON windows
To accommodate building codes, Comfort Inn & Suites in Plattsburgh, N.Y., — a popular tourist destination near Lake Champlain — had to enlarge the windows to allow a 20 percent ratio of room size to natural lighting. They also wanted to go green and lower their energy costs by using Deceuninck Revolution® Tilt & Turn and ICON windows.
The windows were chosen over a competitor with an inexpensive vinyl product, because their product could not accommodate the required square footage to meet local and city codes.
In the spring and summer of 2014, The Wood ‘N Glass Shop of Whitesboro, N.Y. began installing the new windows, as the Comfort Inn & Suites underwent a complete renovation.
The project called for the installation of 110 separate window units throughout the hotel.
The Wood ‘N Glass Shop used Revolution and ICON windows to bring the Comfort Inn up to code and exceed the energy-savings and thermal ventilation capabilities offered by their previous windows.
The Revolution window has the material science and craftsmanship to meet the square-footage requirements of the new windows without losing structural integrity.